Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Project Simplify

After the initial energy I put into starting this blog, I've stalled and haven't been back to this space in half a year. During that time I have made some progress towards living more intentionally and creating/nurturing the life that I want for myself and my family, but not nearly so much as I would like. So I'm back on the blog bandwagon in hopes that by laying my efforts out here in the open, I can keep myself motivated and focused on what is important to me. I'll be sharing some of what I've been doing, books that I've been reading and inspired by, and what I'm going to do in the days, weeks, and months ahead.

Today is going to be a short post, though, because I'm joining Tsh over at Simple Mom for Project Simplify and I'm already busy working on hot spot #1 - my closet and wardrobe. The "before" picture has been taken and I now have every piece of clothing out of my closet to be touched, tried on, and sorted (keep, donate, or toss).


I have actually been working on decluttering and generally divesting myself of "stuff" around the house in earnest for several weeks now, but I thought that joining this challenge would help move things along by setting specific goals and time limits. It is hard to feel at peace and spend time doing the things that I love when I am surrounded by chaos, so I feel strongly that this is an important step towards living the intentional life for which I yearn. I look forward to sharing the results of cleaning out my closet and wardrobe on Friday (I'll even resist the urge to share a "before" picture that looks better than where I actually started!).

"Begin each day as if it were on purpose." ~Mary Anne Radmacher

No comments:

Post a Comment