Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year...now what?

Despite the fact that I hardly wrote in this space at all during 2012, this blog and my reasons for starting it have been on my mind over the course of the past year. I've been asking myself whether or not I want to continue writing here and I've even toyed with the idea of taking down the blog entirely.  That being said, I have been reflecting quite deeply over the past few weeks and months about what I want and need to let go of in my life and what I want to invite in.  I think that this blog can still help me on my path towards more intentional living, but I think that it might mean something different in the upcoming year than it has meant in the past. What does all of that mean for me and My (Un)Intentional Life?  I don't know yet, but I look forward to figuring that out as we settle into 2013.


Whatever else 2013 brings, I did manage to get off on the right foot by running in a "1st Day 5K" this morning with Princess Wonder - it was her first 5K and she was an excellent running partner.  Seriously, I've run with some great ladies but none of them have skipped to the starting line before.

I found this great quote attributed to Ellen Goodman earlier today and I like the change in perspective she offers for this process of taking stock that many of us undertake as our Mother Earth completes another trip around the sun.  "We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched.  Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives...not looking for flaws, but for potential."  There is much room for potential in my life - and in yours - and it is exciting to think about what the next year can bring for me and for each of you.

Happy Tuesday, friends, and a very happy new year to you!  May 2013 be filled with good health, good friends, and much joy.


"Year's end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us."  ~Hal Borland

No comments:

Post a Comment